Jockey Club de Buenos Aires
Founded in 1882, it is considered one of the most exclusive clubs in all of South America. Located on the prestigious Av. Alvear, its headquarters is considered one of the most sumptuous mansions built at the end of the 19th century.
It has several elegant rooms for all kinds of receptions, a very important library with more than 100,000 volumes, representing a real pride for all members. Game rooms, leisure rooms, bar, restaurant, private dining rooms, gym, swimming pool, massage room, sauna, squash, karate, boxing, hairdressing, etc.
The club owns the San Isidro racecourse 22 km away with a capacity of 100,000 spectators. It also has a sports field with 20 tennis courts, two practice courts, 10 paddle tennis courts, eight soccer fields, five swimming pools, a club house with a restaurant, bar, and cafeteria. It also has two golf courses with 18 holes each, a club house with a restaurant, bar, lounges, game rooms, sauna, shop, etc.
Next to the racetrack there are seven polo fields, where very important tournaments, both national and international, are played. A letter of introduction is required to access the club, as well as a jacket and tie at the headquarters.
Women can enter as long as they do so with a man who is the partner. The ladies can access the San Isidro headquarters, but in the Recoleta headquarters there are places that they cannot enter.